The AIIMS BSc Hons Nursing entrance exam is conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) for admission to its Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Nursing program. The exam is highly competitive, and only the top-ranked candidates are selected for admission.
Practicing with previous year question papers is one of the best ways to prepare for the AIIMS BSc Hons Nursing entrance exam. Solving previous year papers helps you to:
- Get a feel for the types of questions that are asked in the exam
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Improve your time management skills
- Develop a strategy for tackling the exam
This article provides a comprehensive overview of the AIIMS BSc Hons Nursing previous year question paper, including tips on how to use it to prepare for the exam.
The AIIMS BSc Hons Nursing entrance exam is a computer-based test (CBT) with 200 objective-type questions. The questions are divided into four sections:
- Physics (50 questions)
- Chemistry (50 questions)
- Biology (50 questions)
- General Knowledge (50 questions)
The physics section covers topics such as mechanics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and modern physics. The chemistry section covers topics such as inorganic chemistry, organic chemistry, and physical chemistry. The biology section covers topics such as botany, zoology, and human physiology and biochemistry. The general knowledge section covers topics such as current affairs, logic and reasoning, and English.
Tips for using the AIIMS BSc Hons Nursing previous year question paper to prepare for the exam
- Time yourself while solving the papers. This will help you to develop a good time management strategy for the exam.
- Mark the questions that you are unsure of and come back to them later. Do not guess the answers.
- Eliminate the incorrect options before choosing the answer. This will increase your chances of choosing the correct answer.
- Revise the papers after you have solved them. This will help you to solidify your understanding of the concepts and identify any areas where you need to improve.
How to stay calm and focused on the day of the exam
- Get a good night’s sleep before the exam.
- Eat a healthy breakfast on the day of the exam.
- Arrive at the exam center early.
- Take deep breaths and relax before the exam begins.
- Focus on one question at a time.
- Do not panic if you don’t know the answer to a question. Mark the question for review and come back to it later.
Q. What is the marking scheme for the AIIMS BSc Hons Nursing entrance exam?
The AIIMS BSc Hons Nursing entrance exam is a 180-minute computer-based test with 200 objective-type questions. Each question is worth 1 mark. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
Q. How much time do I get to complete the exam?
You get 180 minutes to complete the exam.
Q. What are the negative marking rules for the exam?
There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
Q. What is the cutoff score for the AIIMS BSc Hons Nursing entrance exam?
The cutoff score for the AIIMS BSc Hons Nursing entrance exam varies each year depending on the number of applicants and the difficulty level of the exam. However, the cutoff score is generally in the range of 55-60% for the general category and 45-50% for the reserved categories.
Q. What are the best books and resources to prepare for the exam?
There are a number of books and resources available to help you prepare for the AIIMS BSc Hons Nursing entrance exam. Some of the popular books include:
- AIIMS BSc Nursing Entrance Exam by Arihant Publications
- Go to Guide for AIIMS BSc Nursing Entrance Test by Disha Publications