In this Assignment, you will locate relevant existing research. You also will analyze this research using a tool helpful for analysis.
- Reflect on the strategies presented in the Resources this week in support of locating and analyzing research.
- Use the Walden Library to identify and read one peer-reviewed research article focused on a topic of interest to you in your specialty field.
- Review the article you selected and reflect on the professional practice use of theories/concepts as described by the article
Using the ‘Week 4 | Part 4’ section of your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template presented in the Resources, conduct an analysis of the elements of the research article you identified. Be sure to include the following:
- Clearly identify the topic of interest you have selected.
- Provide an accurate and complete APA formatted citation of the article you selected, along with link or search details.
- Clearly identify and describe in detail a professional practice use of the theories/concepts presented in the article.
- Provide a clear and accurate analysis of the article using the Research Analysis Matrix section of the template.
- Write a 1-paragraph justification that clearly and accurately explains in detail whether you would recommend the use of this article to inform professional practice. Note: You can use the CARP method as presented in the Resources for this week on evaluating resources.
- Write a 2- to 3-paragraph summary that you will add to your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan that includes the following:
- Clearly and accurately describe in detail your approach to identifying and analyzing peer-reviewed research.
- Clearly identify and accurately describe in detail at least two strategies that you would use that you found to be effective in finding peer-reviewed research.
- Provide a complete, detailed, and specific synthesis of at least one resource you intend to use in the future to find peer-reviewed research.
- Integrate at least one outside resource and 2-3 course specific resources to fully support your summary.
Note: Add your work for this Assignment to the original document you began in the Week 1 Assignment, which was built off the Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template.
Expert Solution Preview
The aim of this assignment is to analyze a peer-reviewed research article related to a topic of interest in the medical field and evaluate its professional practice use. Students will use the Research Analysis Matrix section of the Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template to conduct the analysis. The assignment also requires students to reflect on their approach to locating and analyzing peer-reviewed research and identify effective strategies and resources for future use.
1. What is the first step in completing this assignment?
The first step in completing this assignment is to use the Walden Library to identify and read one peer-reviewed research article focused on a topic of interest in the student’s specialty field.
2. What is the purpose of the Research Analysis Matrix section of the Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template?
The purpose of the Research Analysis Matrix section of the Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template is to provide a structured framework for analyzing elements of a research article such as the research question, design, sample, data collection, analysis, and findings.
3. What should be included in the summary section of the assignment?
The summary section of the assignment should include a description of the student’s approach to identifying and analyzing peer-reviewed research, identification of at least two effective strategies for finding peer-reviewed research, and a synthesis of at least one resource the student intends to use in the future to find peer-reviewed research. The summary should also integrate at least one outside resource and 2-3 course specific resources to support the analysis and evaluation of the research article.
4. How can the CARP method be used in this assignment?
The CARP method can be used in this assignment to evaluate the professional practice use of the research article and provide a justification for its use. The CARP method involves evaluating the credibility, accuracy, relevance, and purpose of a resource.