NURS 6809 – Quantitative Methods in Nursing Research at Saint Louis University is an advanced graduate-level course that provides students with a comprehensive understanding of quantitative research methods in the field of nursing. The course covers a variety of essential topics, including:
- Nature of Nursing Research:
- Exploration of the fundamental principles and philosophies underpinning nursing research.
- Examination of the role of quantitative methods in contributing to the advancement of nursing knowledge.
- Quantitative Research Designs:
- In-depth study of various quantitative research designs commonly used in nursing research.
- Analysis of the strengths and limitations of different designs, with a focus on their applicability to nursing inquiries.
- Hypothesis Formulation and Testing:
- Guidance on the development of clear and testable hypotheses relevant to nursing research.
- Application of statistical methods to test hypotheses and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Experimental Design in Nursing Research:
- Exploration of experimental methodologies applicable to nursing studies.
- Emphasis on the design and implementation of experiments to investigate nursing-related phenomena.
Relax! We Can Handle This Class
- Data Analysis Techniques:
- Comprehensive coverage of statistical methods used in analyzing quantitative nursing data.
- Hands-on practice with statistical software to enhance proficiency in data analysis.
- Ethical Considerations in Nursing Research:
- Examination of ethical principles and guidelines relevant to conducting quantitative research in the nursing field.
- Discussion of ethical challenges and strategies for maintaining integrity in nursing research.
- Application of Quantitative Methods in Nursing:
- Practical application of quantitative research methods to address nursing research questions.
- Integration of theoretical knowledge with hands-on skills in conducting and interpreting quantitative nursing research.
- Critical Evaluation of Nursing Research:
- Development of skills to critically appraise and evaluate quantitative nursing research studies.
- Emphasis on evidence-based practice and the role of quantitative research in informing nursing interventions.
NURS 6809 is designed for graduate students in nursing who are interested in advancing their knowledge and skills in quantitative research methods. The course provides a solid foundation for conducting rigorous and evidence-based research in the field of nursing, preparing students for roles in academia, healthcare organizations, and research institutions.